Furniture Care & Warranty
Taking care of your new furniture
To prevent damage to your furniture, we recommend that you try to maintain humidity levels in your home between 45% and 55% RH. When there is too much moisture in the air, wood can swell and warp. Too little moisture in the air, wood can dry out joints and cause cracking. Setting furniture too close to a heat register or in direct sunlight can also cause damage and should be considered when placing furniture. Solid wood furniture is beautiful and can last a lifetime with the proper care. Remember these simple guidelines:
* Maintain humidity levels between 45-55% RH.
* Try to use curtains/blinds during the day to avoid direct sunlight on the furniture.
* Dust with a damp cloth and dry with a soft cloth, always following the grain of the wood.
* DO NOT USE any type of polish or wax that contains silicone. This will cause your finish to become tacky.
* Do not place items on the furniture that was too hot to hold in your hand.
* Store table leaves in close proximity to the table so that they are exposed to the same humidity levels as the table.
At Dale's Antiques & Mennonite Furniture, we strive to provide our customers with high quality furniture and superior customer service. We provide warranties on all new finished furniture against defects in material or workmanship for a period of one year from the purchase date. We will repair or replace, at our discretion, any piece of furniture found to be defective. This warranty applies to normal household use, and does not apply to accidents, neglect, abuse or misuse. Warranty claims must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. Normal shrinkage, swelling, checking, variances in grain and knots are common in solid wood furniture, therefore not considered defects. The customer is responsible for all pickup or delivery costs associated with returns or exchanges
If you have any further questions about Furniture Care or Warranty policies, please do not hesitate to contact us.